Report Back: Justin Thompson
at Loretta Lynn's
Published with Permission.
Submitted by The Thompson Family.
So after a very long and busy week of racing, Loretta Lynns
2014 is behind us. We had the most amazing time here in Hurricane
Mills, Tennessee at the Loretta Lynns Dude Ranch. We
learnt a lot over here and realized just how high the level
of racing is over in the USA, the competition here at Lorettas
is of such a high quality. As a family we are very proud of
Justin and of his achievements at Lorettas 2014, taking
part in the biggest MX Amateur Event in the world for the
very first time against some riders that have raced on this
track year after year, there were 1434 entries in total from
Yamaha PW 50 class to Masters 50+.
- Moto 1 : 30
- Moto 2 : 28
- Moto 3 : 27
This gave him a 29 th overall against 42 competitors.
Hopefully Justin will be back in the USA next year again,
chasing his dream, and to try and qualify for Loretta Lynns
We would like to say a huge thanks
to the following people:
- Billy, Sean, Michael Docherty and Jaco Smit for all their
support and assistance and for welcoming us into their camp.
- Hylton Beatie and Ryan Williams from Parts Unlimited for
all the support and for arranging access to the Thor Tower
and for the dinner invites.
- Sebastian Tortelli and all the guys from Champ Factory,
BJ and Leo for all the help and guidance
- Darrel Fitz-Gerald for training Justin and preparing him
for Loretta Lynns
- TRP distributors - Jim and Eury for the help with Thor kit
- Racestar Graffix Richie and David for the sticker
kit to make Justins bike look factory
- Monster Energy SA Nic Leite and Garan Reck for the
monster cap and shirt for Justin
- MXSA Laren, Michelle and Noleen for the MXSA T-shirts
Thanks to everybody that supported Justin whilst he was over
there competing at Lorettas, we really appreciated it.
Trevor and Debra
BACK / Close